Wednesday, December 8, 2010

...Life Thus Far...

So I've been back from New York for...4 months now and haven't touched my blog since. I feel like my life isn't as interesting without creepers on the streets of New York trying to sell me stuff and tell me I'm cute. It's weird how much I miss my life being interesting!

Anyway, student teaching has now ended. It was a sad farewell to all of my little kiddos at my school and an even sadder (am I making up words?) farewell to the friends I made with some of the faculty there. I had an amazing experience and I think it was just right for me...considering that before I did my student teaching, I was seriously contemplating my career choice.

Life is great...now just enjoying the real-world job search. Ha. Not. Anyway, I've had two interviews...one for a long-term substitute position for when a 1st grade teacher has a baby, and one for a part-time resource teacher. I got the substitute one, but not the part-time one which is fine because I think I would have rather had the substitute anyway. Basically because I'm poor and need money...not because of preference of regular education versus special education...because I really have no preference. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. Well, this principal told me that if I find something full-time between now and the end of January (when this teacher has her child) that I am free to take it, as long as I give him as much notice as possible. So...I'm searching. And searching. And I hope it pays off soon! Until then, I am substitute teaching wherever and whenever I can, but mainly just being BORED hanging out at my house all alone while my roommates live their lives going to school and/or work. I thought I'd like having all this time on my hands...wrong-o!

No comments:

Post a Comment