Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Job

I have been asked by a lot of my friends to create a blog about my job for the summer and so here it is! I've never created a blog before...and I don't read many...so this is an experiment for me!

Anyway, for people who don't know, I am a nanny in New York for the summer and this is how I got the job. While I was at BYU-Idaho, we had an email come through to all the elementary education/early childhood education majors. A family in New York was looking for a nanny. The job description sounded really good and since I had been a nanny before and didn't have a job lined up for the summer, I thought that it would be fun. I applied about a week after the original email was sent because I didn't see it right away and I just forgot about it. I really didn't think I would even be considered. It had been a week since I sent the initial email to see if the job was still open, and then almost another week after I sent her my resume. She called me and we talked for a little bit and then she told me that I was in the top 7 of about 75 people on a Wednesday afternoon. The next day I was leaving for Spokane, but she said that she would call maybe Friday, but probably Monday to let me know whether I got the job or not. She still had some people to call and it didn't sound like she was very close to making her decision. However, she called me the next day while I was on my way to Spokane to offer me the job. I took it without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment